• Wednesday, Apr 01, 2020
  • Last Update : 11:07 pm

Second Natore fire victim succumbs to injuries

  • Published at 12:59 pm July 3rd, 2019
web-dmch-burn-unit1-1529859023793.jpg
File photo of the Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital Dhaka Tribune

In less than 24 hours, another victim of a gas stove explosion in Natore

Another female student, who suffered severe burns when a kerosene stove caught fire in Natore, succumbed to her injuries on Tuesday night.

Shamima, a resident at Jyoti Student Hostel, was being treated at the burn unit of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU) when she died. Her brother Kausar Ali confirmed her death to Dhaka Tribune.


Also Read- Sanjida, burned in Natore, dies in Dhaka


She was one of the two female students of Nawab Siraj Ud-Daulah Government College, who were burned in the fire on June 27. The other student - Sanjida – died on Tuesday morning. 

Their neighbour Abul Kashem also suffered some burn injuries when he rushed to rescue the girls. However, he has recovered fully after receiving treatment.