The incident happened in an under construction building in the Siddheshwari area early Tuesday around 3am
Two construction workers were electrocuted and a plumber sustained burn injuries in Dhaka on Tuesday.
The deceased have been identified as Anisur Rahman, 34, of Chandpur’s Hajiganj upazila and Abul Bashar, 52, of Noakhali’s Begumganj upazila. Both of them were residents of East Ulan in Rampura in the capital.
The incident happened in an under construction building in the Siddheshwari area early Tuesday around 3am, confirmed Dhaka Medical College Hospital police outpost in-charge Sub-Inspector (SI) Bachchu Mia to the Dhaka Tribune.
Arifur Rahman, a worker who took the duo to the hospital, said that Anisur and Abul Bashar were working at the Monowara Hospital premises in Siddheswari on Monday night. They were operating machinery and was electrocuted.
Later, they were treated at the hospital. When the condition deteriorated in the morning, they were sent to DMCH where the duty doctors declared them dead around 8:30am, he added.
Police SI Bachchu Mia said the bodies have been sent to DMCH morgue for autopsy.
Regarding this matter, Ramna police station OC Kazi Mainul Islam told the Dhaka Tribune that legal procedures are underway.
No one filed any complaint on behalf of the workers, however, matter will be investigated, he added.
Meanwhile, a plumber, Sujon Das, 35, who also suffered electric shock sustained burn injuries while he was putting up an independent day’s banner in the Eden Mohila College on Tuesday morning.
He has been admitted to the burn unit of DMCH. The duty doctor said 27% of his body has been burnt.
An official of Eden Mohila College confirmed the matter to Dhaka Tribune.