• Wednesday, Dec 11, 2019
  • Last Update : 04:15 pm

Fire breaks out at Siddique Bazar

  • Published at 12:01 am February 23rd, 2019
Fire
Collected

Locals doused the fire by the time fire service reached the spot

A leak from gas connection on Friday started a fire at Siddique Bazar area of Old Dhaka.

“The fire was caused from a gas leak around 9:40pm, but it is nothing serious. Two units were sent to bring the fire under control, however, locals doused the fire by the time fire service reached the spot” Mahfuz Riben, a duty officer of Fire Service control room told the Dhaka Tribune.

On Wednesday night, a devastating fire completely gutted several multiple-storey buildings at Old Dhaka’s Chawkbazar that left at least 67 people dead and scores injured — many with severe burns.