• Saturday, Jan 25, 2020
  • Last Update : 01:34 am

Madrasa student electrocuted during Hefazat rally in Dhaka

  • Published at 05:32 pm November 4th, 2018
Photo: Bigstock

The accident occurred on Sunday

A madrasa student was electrocuted during Hefazat-e-Islam's thanksgiving rally in Suhrawardy Udyan in Dhaka.

The accident occurred on Sunday, reports UNB. The deceased has been identified as Saiful Islam, 22, from Dhanbazar village in Madabpur upazila under Habiganj district. Saiful was a student of Brahmanbaria Title Madrasa.

Safiul got electrocuted after coming in contact with a live electric wire near the boundary wall of Suhrawardy Udyan around 12:48pm. 

Severely injured, he was taken to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), where the duty doctors declared him dead, said Bachchu Mia, sub-inspector of DMCH police outpost.