Three workers of a garment factory suffered burn injuries as a fire that broke out in a six-storey building at East Kazipara in Dhaka early Saturday.
The identities of the injured could not be ascertained yet.
Fire Service and Civil Defense control room’s duty officer Mizanur Rahman said the fire broke out on the ground floor of the building due to electric short circuit around 3:17am.
Locals rescued three workers who sustained burn injuries and sent them to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH), he added.
Later, two units of firefighters reached the spot and brought the blaze under control after an hour of frantic efforts around 4:35am.
The extent of loss caused by the fire was estimated at Tk5 lakh, Mizanur said.