• Wednesday, Sep 26, 2018
  • Last Update : 02:18 am

Two siblings burnt alive in Savar fire

  • Published at 04:10 pm January 28th, 2018
Two siblings burnt alive in Savar fire
Two siblings were burnt alive in a fire that broke out at their shanty at Hemayetpur in Savar, on the outskirts of the city, early Sunday. The deceased were identified as Jahid, 13, and Nahid, 6, sons of Jobeda Begum. They were residents of Thrimohini village in Raninangar upazila of Naogaon. The fire broke out at the shanty near Tentuljhora Government High School from candle at night when the two were asleep, leaving both of them dead on the spot, said Savar Fire Service in-charge Mohsin Miah. On information, two firefighting units rushed in and doused the blaze. Later, they recovered the charred bodies and sent them to Dhaka Medical College Hospital for autopsy.