An apartment on a 10-storey building caught fire in the city's Bailey Road area on Friday afternoon.
Cultural Affairs Minister Asaduzzaman Noor lives on the 8th floor of the building.
Duty Officer Mahfuz Riben at the Fire Service central control room said the fire originated from an electric short circuit at the kitchen of the 5th floor flat at Nou Ratan Road around 5:25pm.
On information, four firefighting units rushed in and doused the flame around 5:45pm.
However, no casualty was reported in the incident.