A 10-year-old boy, who was one of the four victims of a fire incident in Dhaka's Jurain area, succumbed to his injuries at Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) on Friday.
Assistant Sub-Inspector Bachchu Miah confirmed it to the Dhaka Tribune.
The victim, Roni, had sustained 40% burn injuries in the incident, in which his parents and a cousin were also critically injured.
The fire was caused by a gas leakage in the family's home in Jurain's Postogola area on October 22.
“The fire broke out when Roni's father Mohammad Azad went to kitchen to light a cigarette early in the morning,” Bachchu said.
They were rushed to the DMCH National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery around 9am.
Doctors said Mohammad Azad, 50, sustained 60% burns, his wife Jesmin, 40, sustained 39% burns, and their niece Sharmin, 25, sustained 38% burns.
They are still in critical condition at the hospital, Bachchu added.