• Thursday, Dec 03, 2020
  • Last Update : 01:07 am

Sinha Murder: Constable Rubel remanded again for 5 days

  • Published at 01:17 pm October 28th, 2020
Police take Constable Rubel back to Cox's Bazar Jail at around 1:30pm Wednesday, September 30, 2020 Dhaka Tribune

Rubel Sharma had earlier been remanded for seven days

In a second phase of the major (retd) Sinha murder case, court has granted a five-day remand to accused Constable Rubel.

Sinha was shot dead by police at Shamlapur police check post on Marine Drive on July 31.

Judge Tamanna Farah sentenced accused Rubel Sharma to a five-day remand when he was produced before Cox's Bazar Senior Judicial Magistrate Court No 4 (Teknaf) around 11:30am on Wednesday.

The investigation officer of the case, Senior Assistant Superintendent of RAB 15 Md Khairul Islam confirmed the matter and said: "To get more information in the Sinha murder case, an eight days remand was appealed for Rubel Sharma, an associate of former Teknaf police station OC Pradeep and one of the main accused in the case. The court then granted a five-day remand for him.”

Also Read - Sinha murder: Constable Rubel put on 7-day remand

“If all goes well, we will start questioning Rubel Sharma from tomorrow,” he added.

He said that Rubel Sharma had earlier been remanded for seven days. A lot of important information about the Sinha murder case has been obtained from him. But to get more information he needs to be remanded again.

According to sources, Rubel Sharma was the last of the 14 accused in the Sinha murder case. He was arrested on September 14 and sent to jail through court. 

It is said that former constable Rubel Sharma was an accomplice in the unlawful activities of Pradeep Kumar Das, former OC of Teknaf Model Police Station.

On September 30, Judge Tamanna Farah Rubel Sharma of Cox’s Bazar Senior Judicial Magistrate Court granted a seven-day remand in response to RAB-15’s Senior Assistant Superintendent of police Khairul Islam’s 10-day remand application.

Also Read - Former army major shot dead by police in Cox's Bazar

He was taken in remand on October 2.

On the night of July 31, Sinha was shot dead by police at Shamlapur police check post on Marine Drive in Teknaf's Baharchhara.

Sinha was on his way back to Nilima Resort in Himchhari after filming a video on Marishbunia hill in Teknaf.

On August 5, Sinha's sister Sharmin Shahriar Ferdous filed a case with the Cox's Bazar Chief Judicial Magistrate Court against nine people, including Pradeep, suspended Baharchhara police outpost in-charge Inspector Liakat Ali, and assistant sub-inspector (ASI) Nanda Dulal Raxit. Five more were later added as accused.

Investigation agency RAB arrested 14 people, including Rubel, in the murder case so far.

blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail