• Sunday, Dec 15, 2019
  • Last Update : 05:42 pm

Private TV employee arrested for allegedly raping stepdaughter for 8 years

  • Published at 02:06 am July 13th, 2017
  • Last updated at 02:09 am July 13th, 2017
Private TV employee arrested for allegedly raping stepdaughter for 8 years
The Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police has arrested a private television channel employee for allegedly raping his stepdaughter for eight years. The accused Arman Hossain alias Sumon, 38, works as an audio engineer at the private TV channel. Confirming the arrest, DMP Deputy Commissioner (media) Masudur Rahman said a team of CTTC led by its Additional Deputy Commissioner Najmul Islam arrested Arman from Moghbazar area around 7:30pm on Wednesday. “We will produce him [Arman] before a court on Thursday and seek his remand to interrogate him about the allegation,” he said. The arrest was made after the victim, 20, filed separate cases under Women and Children Repression Prevention Act, and the Section 57 of Information and Communication Technology Act with Ramna police station on Tuesday night. According to the case, Arman had started to sexually abuse his stepdaughter when she was just twelve. He had also been filming the moments of rape and blackmailed her with those. Arman had tied the knot with the victim's mother back in 2005, a second marriage for both. Since then, the girl started living with them at Mohammadpur. Arman first raped her in 2008 when she was merely a seventh grader. He recorded a video of the incident and had also taken indecent pictures on his phone. He then continued to rape the girl regularly, threatening to circulate the videos and pictures of rape on the internet. In 2015, he impregnated her and the girl had to go for an abortion. Despite the situation, Arman continued to sexually abuse her, police said, quoting the complainant. In December 2016, the girl managed to shift to one of her relatives home, however, Arman continued to give her indecent proposals, which she kept on rejecting. Failing to persuade the girl, Arman then sent video clips and pictures to a friend of hers on Facebook from two fake profiles of his, in a bid to force her to give in to his demands.