• Monday, Oct 21, 2019
  • Last Update : 12:59 am

No move yet to exhume Raudha’s remains

  • Published at 01:33 am April 20th, 2017
  • Last updated at 10:31 am April 20th, 2017
No move yet to exhume Raudha’s remains
The authorities have yet take any move to exhume the corpse of Maldivian model Raudha Athif, who was found dead in her medical school dormitory on March 29, due to unavailability of a forensic doctor in Rajshahi. CID Inspector Asmaul Haque, also the investigation officer, on Wednesday said they had received a copy of the court order, which reads that Dr Raktim Chowdhury, executive magistrate of the district administration, was assigned for the exhumation process. “We could not fix any date to exhume the corpse since there is no forensic physician in Rajshahi. The post-mortem examination will be conducted at Rajshahi Medical College, and for this, a doctor will be hired from outside the district,” he said. “As soon as the medical college authorities give green signal to bring in a forensic doctor, we will exhume the body,” the officer said, adding that they themselves were ready to help the process. On Tuesday, a Rajshahi court ordered the exhumation of Raudha’s remains for a fresh post-mortem. However, Raudha’s father Dr Mohamed Athif told the Dhaka Tribune that he would refuse any request for a second autopsy as he found the first one good enough. Inspector Asmaul said Raudha’s father Athif and his lawyer Kamrul Monir visited him on Wednesday afternoon. "They then divulged some important information and gave several photos important for the investigation," he added. Athif on April 10 filed a murder case against Seerat Parvin Mohammad, a classmate of Raudha’s who was a student of Rajshahi Islami Bank Medical College, as the prime suspect. Seerat, an Indian student from Kashmir, was one of Raudha’s closest friends at the dorm. They lived in adjacent rooms. She was questioned in the case. “Her passport has been blocked,” said Asmaul. The body of Raudha, 21, was found hanging from the ceiling fan in her room on March 29. The first autopsy was carried out at the medical college two days later and its report came out on April 1, revealing that suicide was the cause of death. Raudha was buried the same day in Rajshahi by her family after they received the post-mortem report. Afterwards, Athif said he had found something mysterious in the report; there were bruises on Raudha’s neck which he thinks should have been there since she hanged from a ceiling fan. On April 6, he said: “There were some finger impressions on her neck.” He also questioned as to how the medical college authorities had brought down her hanging body without breaking open the door of her room – that, too, before police reached the scene. Raudha was on the cover of Vogue India magazine in October 2016.