• Friday, Dec 06, 2019
  • Last Update : 05:09 pm

Khadiza to go through another major skull surgery

  • Published at 06:02 pm October 30th, 2016
  • Last updated at 07:15 pm October 30th, 2016
Khadiza to go through another major skull surgery
AM Rejaus Sattar, a neurosurgeon at the Square Hospital in the city, told the Dhaka Tribune that they would conduct a Cranioplasty bone flap replacement on her skull. "We need to observe her very closely and would go for the operation within three weeks," said the neurosurgeon. “Khadiza has been bringing up irrelevant topics while she is conscious.  However, she was able to recognise her parents and talking to them in some extent." While updating the Dhaka Tribune about Khadiza’s condition, Mirza Nazim Uddin, assistant medical director of Square Hospital, told the Dhaka Tribune that the surgery is required since her injuries are still in perilous condition. He said: “Khadiza is improving rapidly. If her conditions get stable we would go for another surgery. She was taken to the cabin few days back after her paralysed left portion started responding. She can move her left leg slowly but her the hand (left) is yet to respond.” Meanwhile, Sylhet Metropolitan Police ADC Jedan al Musasaid said that they were completing the formalities for filing charge sheet on the case soon. However, Sylhet police sources said they are also waiting gather victim's testimony. The process is delayed since Khadiza is yet to gain ample physical capabilities to provide a statement. Khadiza, 23, an honours second-year student at Sylhet Government Women’s College, was viciously attacked on October 3 evening by Badrul Alam, fourth-year economics student at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) and a leader of the university's Chhatra League wing, while she was on her way back home after taking an exam at Sylhet MC College exam centre. Locals rescued severely wounded Khadiza and took her to Osmani Medical College Hospital, while others gave Badrul a good beating before handing him over to Shah Paran police station. The victim was later transferred to Square Hospital in Dhaka on Tuesday where she underwent surgery and is currently on life support. Doctors put her in 72 hours of observation and said she had about 10% chance of survival.