Tureen was appointed to the ICT as a prosecutor in February 2013
Law, Justice and parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Huq has said the allegation against Barrister Tureen Afroz has been found to be true.
He made the statement before journalists at his secretariat office in Dhaka on Monday.
The law minister said: “The allegation against Turin of meeting an accused of a war crimes case secretly was found to be true.
“She also made an objectionable and irresponsible comment while discussing an important and confidential matter of the particular war crimes case against the accused,” Anisul added.
Earlier in the day, the government removed Barrister Tureen from the post of International Crimes Tribunal (ICT) prosecutor for breaching discipline and professional misconduct.
Solicitor Wing under the Law and Justice Division of Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs issued a notice in this regard.
The notice stated that the order will be effective from Monday (November 11).
Tureen was appointed to the ICT as a prosecutor in February 2013.
She was relieved of all activities of the tribunal for professional misconduct and breaching discipline and code of conduct on May 9m, last year.