Of all the injured, four with burns between 80-90% were referred to the CMCH
Six members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire triggered by a cooking gas cylinder blast in their house in Chittagong’s Satkania upazila on Thursday night, police said.
The injured have been identified as Sayed Ahmed, 65, Shahnewaz, 40, Md Helal, 36, Khaleda Begum, 45, Abdus Shukkur, 36, and Delwar Hossain, 50.
Four of the injured have been shifted to the burn unit of Chittagong Medical College and Hospital after their condition worsened.
The accident occurred at Sayed's house behind Montana Club in ward number 6 of the municipal area of Satkania.
"A leakage from the family's newly purchased cooking gas cylinder was the reason behind the fire, which injured six members," said municipal panel mayor Saiful Alam Sohel.
Two units of fire fighters were pressed into service and it took them over an hour to douse the flames. "The injured were rushed to a local hospital," said senior station officer of fire service, Humayun Khan.
Medical officer of Satkania Upazila Health Complex, Abdul Ahad Idris, said, that of the injured, four with 80-90% burns were referred to the CMCH.
Assistant sub-inspector at CMCH police outpost, Shilbrata Barua, said, that around midnight on Thursday, the four injured were admitted to the hospital.