• Saturday, Jan 16, 2021
  • Last Update : 02:16 am

a2i wins WITSA Global Excellence ICT Awards

  • Published at 08:02 pm November 21st, 2020
Doctors providing healthcare service through a2i’s ground-breaking Covid-19 Telehealth Centre
Doctors providing healthcare service through a2i’s ground-breaking Covid-19 Telehealth Centre, for which the program won the WITSA Global Excellence ICT Awards Courtesy

a2i won the award in the ‘Covid-19 Tech Solutions for Cities and Localities’ category

a2i and Synesis IT Ltd have won the WITSA Global Excellence ICT Awards given by the World Information Technology and Services Alliance (WITSA), an alliance of IT organizations from different countries.

a2i won this award on Thursday in recognition of its medical assistance to citizens through the “Covid-19 Telehealth Service”, a technical service to address the Covid-19 crisis, said a press release issued by a2i on Saturday.

This year, awards were announced in nine categories, including three new categories related to Covid-19. a2i won the award in the category of “Covid-19 Tech Solutions for Cities and Localities”.

The Covid-19 Telehealth Centre was initiated by the a2i program implemented by the Cabinet Division and the Information and Communication Technology Division with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to ensure medical services to citizens amid the coronavirus crisis.

WITSA Global Excellence ICT Awards certificate given to a2i and Synesis IT Ltd | Courtesy

The centre provides free medical advice, guidance and referral services to Covid-19 patients through skilled physicians based on information obtained from the Directorate General of Health Services’ Management Information System (MIS).


Also Read- a2i to launch technology for zakat fundraising to provide community relief


Healthcare is being provided to patients suffering from Covid-19 through a specific number (09666777222). Under this telehealth service, 95% of patients are treated at home and the remaining 5% are referred to hospitals.

a2i and Synesis IT were honoured for their ground-breaking achievements in the use of information technology to address the coronavirus pandemic.

WITSA is the largest international organization in the IT industry, according to the media release.

It is a member of the national level trade organization of 80 countries of the world. Representative IT experts from the member countries nominate various technology institutes and individuals from around the world for the WITSA Global Excellence ICT Awards.

56
Facebook 55
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail