So far, just one victim has been discharged from Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery
All five people currently undergoing treatment in the ICU of Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery after sustaining severe burn injuries in the September 4 Narayanganj mosque blast, are still fighting for their lives.
In a press briefing on Friday morning, the institute’s Dr Lubna Ferdous said their physical condition remained unchanged and they are still on oxygen support in the ICU.
“As all the five patients suffered inhalation injuries, we can’t consider them to be out of danger. Moreover, their physical condition may deteriorate suddenly,” she said.
Of the five, Sheikh Farid suffered 50% burn wounds, Abdul Aziz 47%, Kenan Hossain Bappi 30%, Amzad 25%, and Sifat 22%, according to hospital sources.
The blast took place at Baitus Salah Jame Mosque in Narayanganj’s Fatullah area during Isha prayers on the night of September 4. The explosion has claimed 31 lives till Thursday.
At least 40 were injured in the blast and 37 of them were rushed to the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery in the capital.
So far, just one of them has been discharged from the hospital.