• Wednesday, Jun 23, 2021
  • Last Update : 05:10 am

Covid-19: Five more infected in Bangladesh

  • Published at 03:52 pm March 26th, 2020
coronavirus image-the virus
A computer image created by Nexu Science Communication, together with Trinity College in Dublin, shows a model structurally representative of a betacoronavirus which is the type of virus linked to Covid-19, better known as the coronavirus linked to the Wuhan outbreak, shared with Reuters on February 18, 2020 Reuters

Number of active cases in the country at 33

The Institute of Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) has confirmed that five more people have tested positive for Covid-19 in Bangladesh in the last 24 hours.

IEDCR Director Dr Meerjady Sabrina Flora made the announcement while addressing an online press briefing on Thursday.

With the latest development, the number of total coronavirus patients in the country stands at 44.

At the same time, 11 patients, who earlier tested positive for Covid-19, have returned home after making full recovery taking the number of active cases in the country to 33.

Covid-19, a new strain of coronavirus, has so far killed more than 21,500 people in over 190 countries and territories including five from Bangladesh.

“No new patients have died from the deadly virus. But, five more individuals -- all males -- have tested positive for coronavirus in the last 24 hours,” said Flora.

“One of the newly confirmed Covid-19 patients is an overseas returnee. Total three others came in close contact with the expat and got themselves infected."

“However, we are yet determine how the fifth patient got the virus,” she added.

She also informed that two of the five new infected are aged between 30 to 40 years, whereas, the other two are between 41 and 50. Meanwhile, the fifth patient is in his 60s.

“Those who are under treatment for the virus are in stable condition,” she said.

According to Webometrics, till Thursday, the number of active cases across the world stands at 341,246.

Of the active case, 326,449, or 96%, were identified to be in mild condition while the rest 14,797, or 4%, have been marked as serious or critical.

At the same time, 115,668 people from across the world have recovered fully from the infection or were discharged from treatment.

67
Facebook 50
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail