• Monday, Nov 30, 2020
  • Last Update : 05:15 pm

Cabinet approves river dredging project with joint Indo-Bangla financing

  • Published at 07:41 pm November 12th, 2018
web-cabinet-meeting
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina chairs the cabinet meeting, November 12, 2018 PID

Cabinet approved in principle the draft of the Bangladesh Tariff Commission (Amendment) Bill 2018 at the meeting

Cabinet on Monday approved an addendum to the Protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade, under which 470km of rivers will be dredged with joint financing from Bangladesh and India.

According to the deal, India will provide 80% of the total dredging cost, while Bangladesh will cover the remaining 20%.

The river dredging project was approved at a Cabinet meeting held at the Bangladesh Secretariat, with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in chair, reports UNB.

Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam briefed reporters after the meeting.

He said the rivers will be dredged from Zakiganj, Sylhet to Ashuganj and Sirajganj of Bangladesh, and to Doikhawa of India.

Moreover, Cabinet approved in principle the draft of the Bangladesh Tariff Commission (Amendment) Bill 2018 at the meeting.

In addition, Cabinet was informed about three deals signed at the Bangladesh-India Shipping Secretary-level meeting held from October 24-26.

The deals signed are an agreement on the use of Chittagong and Mongla Port for movement of goods to and from India, the Standard Operating Procedure for an MoU on Passenger and Cruise Services on the Coastal and Protocol Route, and the addendum to the Protocol on Inland Water Transit and Trade.

62
53
blogger sharing button blogger
buffer sharing button buffer
diaspora sharing button diaspora
digg sharing button digg
douban sharing button douban
email sharing button email
evernote sharing button evernote
flipboard sharing button flipboard
pocket sharing button getpocket
github sharing button github
gmail sharing button gmail
googlebookmarks sharing button googlebookmarks
hackernews sharing button hackernews
instapaper sharing button instapaper
line sharing button line
linkedin sharing button linkedin
livejournal sharing button livejournal
mailru sharing button mailru
medium sharing button medium
meneame sharing button meneame
messenger sharing button messenger
odnoklassniki sharing button odnoklassniki
pinterest sharing button pinterest
print sharing button print
qzone sharing button qzone
reddit sharing button reddit
refind sharing button refind
renren sharing button renren
skype sharing button skype
snapchat sharing button snapchat
surfingbird sharing button surfingbird
telegram sharing button telegram
tumblr sharing button tumblr
twitter sharing button twitter
vk sharing button vk
wechat sharing button wechat
weibo sharing button weibo
whatsapp sharing button whatsapp
wordpress sharing button wordpress
xing sharing button xing
yahoomail sharing button yahoomail