• Friday, Nov 16, 2018
  • Last Update : 07:46 pm

Cabinet nod to donation collection for running community clinics

  • Published at 02:10 am July 31st, 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina chairs Monday’s Cabinet meeting at her Ganabhaban residence <strong>Focus Bangla</strong>
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina chairs Monday’s Cabinet meeting at her Ganabhaban residence Focus Bangla

The approval came in a Cabinet meeting held with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair at her office

The Cabinet on Monday approved the draft of the “Community Clinic Health Assistance Trust Bill, 2018” to ensure participation of the rural people in healthcare services and collect donations for trust fund to run the country’s community clinics.

The approval came in a Cabinet meeting held with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair at her office.

After the meeting, Secretary (Coordination and Reform) at the Cabinet Division NM Ziaul Alam briefed reporters at the Secretariat, reports UNB.

He said the Cabinet gave the final approval to the bill on condition of bringing some changes to the draft bill.

“The goals of the Community Clinic Trust Assistance Bill is to ensure people’s participation in coordinated healthcare services to rural people, to provide the healthcare services using the trust’s funds and collect necessary social assistances and donation from individuals and organizations to provide health services,” he said.

An effective referral system will also be established between the community clinics and other hospitals including union-level health sub-centres, upazila health complexes, district-level hospitals, specialized hospitals and medical college hospitals, the secretary said.

According to the proposed law, there will be an advisory council of the trust, headed by the prime minister, and a 14-member board to be headed by a managing director to regulate the trust. 

An additional secretary-level official will be the managing director of the board.

Ziaul Alam said there are now 13,861 community clinics across the country and the government has a plan to set up 1029 more adding that the community clinics have so far rendered services to 625.7 million patients (on multiple count basis).

Besides, the second quarterly (April-June) report 2018 on implementation of the Cabinet’s decisions was placed at the meeting.

As per the report, some 75% of the cabinet’s decisions have already been implemented in the second quarter of this calendar year, while the implementation of the remaining 25% decisions is underway.

The Cabinet took a total of 84 decisions between April and June 2018m of which 63 decisions have been implemented.

PM unveils cover of book on Bangabandhu’s prison life

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, at the outset of the cabinet meeting, unveiled the cover of a book titled “3053 Days” composed on the prison-life of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.

The book has been published under the management of the Prison Directorate and with the support of the Public Security Division of the Home Ministry and contains many rare photographs and information on the prison-life of Bangabandhu, collected by the Prison Directorate through research.