A fire that originated from mosquito coils have gutted two buses parked at Bahadderhat Bus Terminal of the port city on early Saturday.
However, none was reported to have received injuries in the fire accident.
On information, the firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the fire at around 6am after an hour of frantic effort.
Jashim Uddin, deputy assistant director of Chittagong Fire Service and Civil Defense, said the transport workers of the buses were sleeping inside the buses.
“The fire originated from the mosquito coils kept inside the buses. The damage due to the accident was estimated at Tk5 lakh,” added the fire service official.