• Tuesday, May 21, 2019
  • Last Update : 07:23 pm

Couple electrocuted in Rajshahi

  • Published at 12:03 pm October 31st, 2016
  • Last updated at 12:03 pm October 31st, 2016
Couple electrocuted in Rajshahi
The deceased are Abul Kalam Abu, 55, his wife Forida Begum, 45. Locals said Abul got electrocuted when he came in contact with a live wire in the washroom early Monday. Later, Forida also go electrocuted while trying to save her husband. They were taken to Upazila Health Complex where the doctors declared them dead. Meanwhile, their daughters Ruma Khatun, 22, and Masuma Khatun, 20, were injured in the incident while trying to save their parents. They are being treated at the hospital. Neighbour Foridul Islam said: “The couple had tied a kulla [winnowing pan] with the electric wire to save their chickens from fox. The incident took place when they came in contact with the live wire.” Bagha OC Ali Mahmud said: “It is a mysterious incident. We have recovered wire tied to the kulla [winnowing pan] and a socket from the spot.” He said legal action will be taken once a complaint is fired regarding the matter.