The fire broke out at godown 23 near Benapole port police station around 5:30am on Sunday. However, the firefighters doused the fire at about 12:35pm.
Benapole Port Director Nitai Chondro Sen confirmed the matter to the Dhaka Tribune, saying there was no casualty in the blaze.
[caption id="attachment_19418" align="aligncenter" width="651"]
Photo: Md Selim Reja/Dhaka Tribune[/caption]
He said: “The fire originated from an electric short circuit. Eight units of firefighters are trying to douse the blaze.”
The director said the loss caused by the fire could be Tk50 crore and two probe body were formed to investigate the incident.