Fire Service sources said the fire originated from electric short circuit. The locals had doused the fire before the firefighters reached the spot.
Abul Bashar, sub-inspector of Panchlaish police station, told the Dhaka Tribune that a fire broke out at a five-storey building.
“The residents scrambled to come out of the building. However, the panic-stricken domestic help could not get out and tried to climb down a pipe of the building and fell off. Critically injured, the hapless girl succumbed to her injuries on her way to a nearby hospital,” said the sub-inspector