India’s tour of Bangladesh remains uncertain with less than two weeks to go before the proposed start of the six-match white-ball series.
BCB President Tamim Iqbal on Thursday said the two boards were still discussing the schedule, raising the possibility of another change to the dates.
“Both boards remain in discussion about the India series. The dates may be shifted here or there,” he said.
Bangladesh are due to host India for three ODIs and three T20Is from September 1 to 13, with the first ODI scheduled for September 3. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has yet to publicly confirm the tour.
The BCB’s decision to schedule the Game Development Trophy in Mirpur from August 28 to September 9, overlapping the proposed India series, has further added to the uncertainty.
Tamim said the tournament will not stand in the way of the India matches. It could be moved to the Bashundhara ground if the tour is confirmed.
The India series was originally scheduled for August 2025 but was postponed by the BCCI amid strained relations between the two countries. The BCB announced the revised schedule in January, but the BCCI has not made a similar announcement.
India’s schedule adds another complication. They are currently playing a two-Test series in Sri Lanka before hosting Afghanistan for three matches on September 13, 15 and 17.
Relations between the BCB and BCCI have improved since Tamim took over as president. Earlier this month, he visited the BCCI’s Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru in what was seen as an effort to repair ties between the boards.