• Friday, May 24, 2019
  • Last Update : 02:58 am

Indonesia 'strongly condemns' terror attack on New Zealand mosques

  • Published at 12:19 pm March 15th, 2019
WEB- New Zealand
FILE PHOTO: Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi adjust her earphone as her counterpart Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov talks to media at Indonesia Foreign Ministry office in Jakarta, August 9, 2017 REUTERS

According to the Indonesia's foreign minister six Indonesians had been inside the mosque when the attack occurred

Indonesia's foreign minister said on Friday the world's biggest Muslim-majority country strongly condemned a shooting at a mosque in New Zealand and authorities were checking on whether any of its citizens were victims.

"The government and the people of Indonesia convey deep condolences to the victims and their families," Minister Retno Marsudi said in a statement.

She was earlier cited by media as saying six Indonesians had been inside the mosque when the attack occurred, with three managing to escape and three still unaccounted for.