Improvement of existing payment structure and practice facilities in Dhaka Premier League, National Cricket League and Bangladesh Premier League were the major demands among others
Bangladesh cricketers have submitted a 11-point demand towards Bangladesh Cricket Board and went on a strike from all cricket playing activities until their demands are being met.
Improvement of payment structure and practice facilities in Dhaka Premier League, National Cricket League and Bangladesh Premier League were the major demands among others.
The declaration was announced during an impromptu press conference held by the players at the academy ground in Mirpur on Monday. Senior players like Shakib al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim, Tamim Iqbal, Mahmudullah, along with most of the national players, and many first-class cricketers were seen at the press conference.
The 11 points
During the gathering of around 50 players, 11 different players announced one point each. The abridged version of the demands are as follows:
1. The current committee of Cricketers Welfare Association of Bangladesh (CWAB) must resign immediately.
2. The players’ transfer of Premier League must be done following the old system so that players can choose a team according to their liking
3. If it is not possible in this year, from next year onwards, the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) must be arranged based on the previous model. The wages of local players must be increased
4. The match fee for first class matches should be Tk1 lac. Coaches and physios should be provided year-long practice facilities in every division
5. The domestic matches must use balls that are used in international matches. The meager Tk1,500 as daily allowance must be increased. Plane fares should be provided to go from one venue to another, hotel facilities should be upgraded along with gym and swimming pool facilities
6. The number of contracted players and their salaries must be increased
7. Salaries of local staff-members, the salary of coaches, ground staff, umpires and others must be increased
8. The number of one-day tournaments in domestic arena must be increased. The players wish to play another T20 tournament before the BPL
9. The local calendar must be fixed
10. The dues of DPL must be paid on time
11. The restriction of not playing in two or more franchise leagues must be withdrawn
The players also urged female cricketers to come up with their problems as they are eager to move together with female cricketers to improve the cricketing atmosphere of the country