Post-mortem conducted on Paul Walker
Entertainment Desk

Production on the latest movie Fast and Furious 7 is on hold following his death

  •  

A post-mortem examination has been carried out on the body of Fast and Furious star Paul Walker who was killed in a car crash. Test results are expected to be released later, authorities have said.

The 40-year-old actor was a symbol of street-racing and car culture after his roles in the successful film franchise that began in 2001. Production on the latest movie Fast and Furious 7, which Walker was starring in, is on hold following his death. Shooting had been scheduled to resume this week in Atlanta but was cancelled on Monday and Tuesday. More than half the movie has reportedly been made and a spokesman for Universal Pictures declined to say when filming will resume.

There has also been an autopsy on Mr Rodas and the families of both men have given authorities dental records, which will provide formal identification of the bodies. Accident investigators are trying to work out what happened in the moments leading up to Saturday’s tragedy in Santa Clarita, California, about 30 miles northwest of Los Angeles, California.

But their inquiries have been hindered by the crowds of fans that have continued to flock to the crash site. Investigators do not believe Mr Rodas and Walker had been racing another car, but they were speeding on a street with a 45mph limit, said Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department.

Paul Walker wasn’t the first to allegedly experience mechanical issues inside a Porsche Carrera GT reports TMZ, the car company was sued over a deadly 2005 crash involving the same vehicle and it paid dearly in a massive settlement.

According to the lawsuit, two men (a driver and his passenger) were killed on a California race track while driving a 2005 Carrera GT, hitting a wall at over 100 MPH while trying to avoid another car on the track.

The family of the passenger sued practically everyone involved in the accident for gross negligence - and won $4.5m in a giant settlement, $350,000 of which was paid by Porsche.

For a better read, try DhakaTribune!

Print Friendly and PDF

comments powered by Disqus