Of the total estimated cost, Tk 11,822.82 crore will come from the national exchequer, while Tk 592.97 crore will be provided as project assistance
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) on Tuesday approved 13 projects worth Tk 12,415.79 crore.
Chaired by the Ecnec Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the approval was made at the weekly Ecnec meeting.
While briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said: “A total of 13 projects were approved today involving an overall cost of Tk 12,415.79 crore.”
Of the total estimated cost, Tk 11,822.82 crore will come from the national exchequer, while Tk 592.97 crore will be provided as project assistance, he said.
Of the projects, the big ones are “Vertical Extension of Selected Non-Government Secondary Schools” with the cost of Tk 5,237.38 crore, “Arsenic Risk Assessment in Water Supply” with Tk 1990.96 crore, and “Upazila Complex Extension (Phase-II)” with Tk 1925 crore.
The other projects are:
– Development of Land Reclaimed from the Jamuna River in Sirajganj and Protection of Proposed Economic Zone
– Protection of Banks of Sangu and Dalu Rivers in Satkania and Lohagara Upazilas of Chittagong
– ECB Square-Mirpur Road Extension and Development & Construction of Flyover in Kalsi Square
– Construction of Independence Monument in Suhrawardy Udyan (Project phase-III)
– Construction of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Square
– Talaimari, Construction of Administrative Convention Hall in Khulna City
– Establishment of 160 Upazila ICT Training and Resources Center for Education (UITRCE) (2nd Phase)
– Temple-based Education and Mass Education (5th Phase)
– Development of Jainta-Jaflong part of Dhaka-Sylhet-Tamabil-Jaflong National Highway
– Establishment of Lalmonirhat Textile Institute.